About the book:
- by Rachel Fisher
- Series: Eden’s Root #3
- Category: YA / Post Apocalyptic
- Expected Publication: April 30th 2013
- Pages: 256
- Rating: 4/5
- Received From: Prism Book Tours
“I promise you, Sean. We’re going to stop them.”
The pieces on the board are in motion and with both sides gathering strength, each move will be critical. When the Truthers make a play for checkmate, the Seeders are forced to respond. Fi and her companions will face greater challenges and higher stakes than ever before, because this time if they fail, it’s for keeps.
What a fabulous end to an Apocalyptic trilogy. This story is just so intense, it drags the emotion from you whether you like it or not! If you have yet to read books one and two, I have to say these should not be read out of order. There is so much in Emergence that you won’t know about. And I accidentally started book two without realizing and was completely confounded until I realized I skipped book one! Definitely start with the first and enjoy the growth. And speaking of growth, the characters that were built upon in the last two books have grown dramatically. I mean they really didn’t have a choice, but really, seeing the Fi in this book is such a great thing. She and Sara are totally my favorites but all of the characters are fabulous. The only thing that didn’t resonate completely with me was near the ending. As we get close there is a bit of fighting and that portion wasn’t my favorite but was definitely coming, so I understand but kind of skimmed through that. But other than that, the entire series was amazing! I love Rachel Fisher’s writing and the things she thinks about during an apocalypse is extraordinary. Multiple times my heart literally stopped for fear or out of love for this fabulous storyline.
Vegan (but yummy!!) Recipe! Peanut Butter Chocolate No Bake Cookies! Ok… so would I be able to make these in this Post Apocalyptic world that Rachel Fisher has made for us? I’m not really sure. I think the soy milk would probably be hard to come by… but one can hope right!!? And I mean, these sure are yummy! Oh… there is 24 servings in this, but I normally make everyone stay away so I can have them all to myself!
- 1/2 cup margarine (Earth Balance)
- 1 to 2 cups raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup soy or hemp milk<
- 4 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder or carob powder
- 1/2 cup all natural organic peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon all natural vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
1. In a large pot, bring margarine, sugar, milk and cocoa to a boil. Stirring constantly, let boil for 1-2 minutes until mixture is completely melted. Do not over boil. 2. Take mixture off heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until completely melted. Stir in oats. 3. Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto cookie sheets lined with wax or parchment paper and allow to cool. When cool, turn cookies over to dry the bottoms. 4. Store in an airtight plastic container in the refrigerator. 5. FREAKING ENJOY!!! a Rafflecopter giveaway
About Rachel Fisher:
I am a wife and entrepreneur living and working in Florida. I am also a graduate of Mount Holyoke College, where I majored in Biology. It was always my assumption that I would end up making research my life. Though it did not work out that way in the end, my passion for Biology remains intact.
I have always loved biology-based science-fiction and the young adult genre. It is in this vein that I offer my work.