The next readathon will be OCTOBER 21, 2017!!!!
This will be my fourth time trying to get to that coveted 24 hour mark. Sometimes I get close, and sometimes I fail miserably. Last time I only got to hour 17! And the time before that, only to Midnight! Worst case scenario, I can read on Sunday but I prefer to sleep Sunday as I’ll feel like a zombie!
My book list is extensive only because I love to have a variety of genres and book lengths on hand. For some reason I get really picky as the hours go on. Already talked to the hubster about taking care of the dogs and getting everything necessary done, PRIOR to Saturday so the day is all mine. Me and my books <3 what a lovely thing!
I have a few snacks that I’m planning as well, from super bad for me to actually not so bad.
- NO BAKE Ambrosia Pie (WHAT?!!!)
- French onion dip and chips (my fav go to, really bad for me, snack)
- Coffee, coffee, coffee!
And to make sure we’re all doubly prepared Andi created a Spotify of movie soundtracks! If the dogs and hubby get too loud, or when they slink off to bed while I’m awake in the late hours, I am so listening to this!
I am also planning to take short breaks to cheer other readers on and see how everyone else is doing. Plus getting up every two hours or so seems to be a winner for me. There are always audio books to fall back on if I need to take a walk around the block to wake up.
If you’re stopping here from the read a thon, what are you reading?! How are you doing? Any tips and tricks you would like to share?
The Reading List!
** And of course… subject to change **
In no way do I think I’ll get through this entire list but I enjoy having a list to choose from. It’s easy to pick another if one isn’t hitting all of my reading spots! I’m adding in quite a few with the least amount of pages. Helpful if I get bored and need a fast read! Of course this list is always subject to change due to my MOOD, sitting arrangement, food and/or coffee intake, pups or cat sitting on my lap, hubby needing attention, etc… 😉
Need help with a list? Here’s 21 Short Books when you need something new!
- American Gods – 635 pages
- Three Dark Crowns – 398 pages
P.S. I like You – 330 pages
- The Love that Split the World – 396 pages
- Addicted to the Duke
Mad Heiress Meets the Duke – 47 pages Mad Heiress and the Search for a Spy – 32 pages Mad Heiress Visits Vauxhall – 36 pages Mad Heiress and the Rose Room Rout – 43 pages
- The Sweetheart Kiss – 228 pages
- From Deep Space with Love – 216 pages
- Z Towers: An Apocalyptic Plague – 190 pages
- A Book Barn Series:
Fatal Fiction book 1 – 226 pages A Reference to Murder book 2- 250 pages
- John Scalzi
- Ready, Set, Rogue – 320 pages
- Adrift Series
- Kill Devil Hills – 205 pages
- Changing Tides – 215 pages
- Pulled Under – 131 pages
Instagram Challenge: #IGReadathon and #FigThistleBooks
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? U.S. Louisiana
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I have a pretty cool list so I’m not even sure! John Scalzi is always very different but finally finishing off American Gods would be amazing!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Chips and dip. I don’t get my onion dip often because my husband hates the smell.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Hi!! I’m Christina and I have a reading habit! I also have five dogs and a cat who thinks he’s a dog so reading can be sometimes difficult. My puppies do not understand why I prefer to hold that blocky paper thing instead of petting. Petting is awesome! I am actually behind on my Goodreads goals so I am really looking forward to today to get caught up. At least a little. Hopefully! I’m also addicted to coffee. I can hear my hubby making some now! <3
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I’m not going to stress. If I read for 24 hours then awesome, but if not, that’s okay too. I got very little sleep last night (of course) so I’m just going to sit back and read and have fun!
1. What are you reading right now? The Mad Heriess
2. How many books have you read so far? 3
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I have two John Scalzi, I’d love to read one and I want to finish American Gods, but right now The Mad Heiress series is delightful!
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Oh my goodness… a ton. I have dogs and a husband. And I spilled coffee on myself and the couch in hour one! I just deal with whatever is going on and move along. I’m lucky though, the hubby has made lunch, had brought me snacks, and is currently making dinner!
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I am not very social but meeting people on Instagram has been super fun! I haven’t really used it much but I think I will now. Plus, I now have two MORE favorite authors. I need to start writing these fabulous authors down.
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? The 23rd! Getting from 6 am to 7 am was tough!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next year? I was really happy with my choices of books but I love the books from Owlcrate and I got a few from Kindle Unlimited. Having YA and Romance on hand when I need lighter stuff is always a plus, for me.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? Not sure how many cheerleaders there were but I didn’t see any cheers on the pages I went to and I think we all need a bit of cheering on.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I loved the instagram challenge! I also enjoy the updates on the main site.
5. How many books did you read? 8
6. What were the names of the books you read? Fatal Fiction, A Reference to Murder, P.S. I love you, American Gods, and The Mad Heiress Collection
7. Which book did you enjoy most? I was really surprised by The Mad Heiress Collection. I read all four through KU and even got the author’s next series.
8. Which did you enjoy least? I started The Sweetheart Kiss and Addicted to the Duke but did not like how either of those started.
9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? 100% likely. I enjoy the role of sitting back, reading, and cheering people but in my own time but I think I’ll try to get to more blogs next time.
Hour 1 – 4 :
- Currently reading: Fatal Fiction!
- Books finished: Fatal Fiction
- Pages read: 226
- Running total of time spent reading: 4 hours!
- Snacks: Coffee!
Hours: 5- 9
- Currently reading: The Sweetheart Kiss
- Books finished: P.S. I like You, Fatal Fiction
- Pages read: 556
- Running total of time spent reading: 8 ish hours!
- Snacks: Chips and Onion dip! Had to brush my teeth so the hubby would kiss me afterwards. 😀
Hours: 10 – 17
- Currently reading: The Mad Heiress Collection
- Books finished: P.S. I like You, Fatal Fiction, The Mad Heiress
- Pages read: 701
- Running total of time spent reading: I need to have a timing available next time. I have gotten up and down a lot this readathon. I’ll say I’ve read the entire day to make the math easy but I’m using a timer from here on!
Hours: 18 – 25
- Currently reading: American Gods
- Books finished: P.S. I like You, Fatal Fiction, The Mad Heiress
- Running total of pages read: 1336
- Amount of time spent reading: 24 with interruptions.
- Snacks: Finally tried my Ambrosia pie! It’s a bit different than my family’s Thanksgiving traditional five cup salad but it was okay.
Are you participating also!? If so, what are you reading? How are you doing? Hang in there, we got this!
Happy Reading to all!!!