Where we bring you two completely different viewpoints about one topic!
And today, we bring you:
Batman vs. Superman
- First Impressions: I was highly anticipating the film. I expected it to be better than what it was.
- Favorite character: Batman. I thought he did a wonderful job with it. Ben Affleck really surprised me with the way he played the role. I thought he did great.
- Favorite part: Off the trailer, when Wonder Woman introduces herself.
- Plot pluses: The development of the characters was pretty cool. At the end of the day, it was an origin film.
- Plot minuses: Lex Luther. I hated the way they did that character. It was too much like Heath Ledger without the real pizazz. Kevin Spacey was awesome and it is hard to fill his shoes.
- Writing Style: It had some gaping plot holes but I think it did it’s job. Which was to entertain audiences for two hours.
- Personal Enjoyment: I enjoyed it but I would not pay full price for it. We saw it in matinee.
- Rating: 3/5
- First Impressions: I was not sure what to expect with this one since I have not read the comics and I do not keep up with Batman or Superman movies. I was excited about Henry Cavil being that I’m a Tudor fan, and Ben Affleck.
- Favorite character: This is hard to choose but not for any good reasons. I did not like the film very much so I was very disappointed. I did like Batman but some of the things he did just do not make sense. Superman was the same way. It’s like their brains were taken out of their heads. Lex Luther was definitely not my favorite and I was very confused about this performance. Maybe there should be a least fav category.
- Plot pluses: Not much. Maybe when it finally started getting somewhere.
- Plot minuses: So much I could talk about here! It was really slow. I do not mind a build up but one that takes two hours and does not deliver will lose its audience. That is what this movie did for me. I was laughing throughout, and not because of the small bit of comedy, but because I thought the back and forth was hilariously ridiculous.
- Writing Style: See above.
- Personal Enjoyment:
- Rating: 2.5/5
- Further comments: I think the actors are great and I wanted to support them. Not in love with this movie at all.