Where we bring you two completely different viewpoints about one topic!
And today, we bring you:
Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War
- First Impressions: Prior to the movie, I was expecting the movie to be more on line with the comic book. That means a lot of deaths! Very stressful so I was worried for my favorite characters.
- Favorite character: This has to go between Cap and Spider Man. Spider Man is my favorite comic book here, while Cap is #2. I liked how they introduced Spiderman. It was not an origin story, but it was for us.
- Favorite part: Honestly, I would go with who Black Panther is and his entire story line. His origin story for that characters was great.
- Plot pluses: Very well written. I enjoyed the story and everything.
- Plot minuses: It really did not have any minuses.
- Writing Style: It was true to the time. It brought together all the incidents of all the previous movies into one.
- Personal Enjoyment: Excellent. I thoroughly want to see it again. I thought it was significantly better than Batman vs. Superman. You can definitely tell from the writing that they know what they are doing with the product. They have an agenda and they are able to follow it and bring us along for the ride.
- Rating: 5/5
- Further comments: MUST SEE MOVIE
- First Impressions: I did not read the comics so but I am a fan of the characters in the movies, so I was quite worried after seeing the trailer.
- Favorite character: I was very worried because Tony Stark is my favorite character. He tells it like it is with no qualms about who he upsets, but he does still have empathy for people and pulls punches when he knows he is going to hurt a friend. Cap and IronMan fighting is a travesty.
- Plot pluses: There is a lot of back story. It takes a while to get to the main fight. That said, it is worth it. There is so much to learn about the characters. Tony Stark has more of a back story (FINALLY) and we really get to know some of the other characters and why they are choosing the sides they are.
- Plot minuses: The same as above. If you are wanting to see something like Age of Ultron, you may be disappointed.
- Writing Style: Amazing. With the circling around the different plots and bringing in the other Avenger movies as reference, interjecting new characters, and giving everyone enough depth without making the movie seem too slow. That’s just brilliance.
- Personal Enjoyment: I completely enjoyed myself. I knew it was 2 hours and 26 minutes going in so I didn’t drink that much. The hubby drank half our soda and had to take a potty break. I was glued to my seat!
- Rating: 5/5
- Further comments: There are a few heart wrenching parts in this but everything is explained very well. So wonderfully done.