Challenge your brain while reading challenge! Is that name redundant? Probably but it’s fun! And at Hour SEVENTEEN I think we all need a little fun right about now!!! And that’s what all of this is about, we’re reading and we’re having fun! And we’re probably drinking gallons of coffee 😉
On to the challenge!
This is a two parted challenge that has everything to do with words! We are reading quite a few of them!
- Choose a book! My TBR is filled with horror, paranormal romance, more romance, basically the fun stuff! I love finding books that are outside my normal reading or even better, those that are challenging to read. So, for this part of the challenge, choose a book that is outside your normal sphere of reading. You don’t have to read it during the read-a-thon but share with us if you were to pick a challenging book to read, which would it be and why?
- Choose a word! And, for even more fun, let’s strengthen our vocabulary! Sadly I don’t use mine often enough while blogging but I have many favorite words and I love to learn new ones. So, this little sharing challenge has two steps: Share the below items…
- Any words you come across during the read-a-thon that are unfamiliar to you.
- Any favorite word(s)
- Please comment below to be eligible for the prize! 😉
Winner is Chris from dream-stuff.com !! Grats 😀
$10.00 Gift Certificate from Barnes & Noble or Amazon
Cut off for this challenge is at 2am cst!!
On my list of challenging books that I want to read are:
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand – I’ve always wanted to read this.
- The Waste Land by T.S. Eliot – Another that seems enticing and right up my alley!
- Les Misérables by Victor Hugo – My daughter is in theater and has done this play, fabulously I might add! When I saw the movie trailer and the great actors that are in it, I just couldn’t help but pick it up and start reading!
My favorite words:
noun, plural pe·num·brae [-bree] , pe·num·bras.
1. Astronomy .
- a. the partial or imperfect shadow outside the complete shadow of an opaque body, as a planet, where the light from the source of illumination is only partly cut off. Compare umbra ( def. 3a ) .
- b. the grayish marginal portion of a sunspot. Compare umbra ( def. 3b ) .
2. a shadowy, indefinite, or marginal area.
1. obtained, done, made, etc., by stealth; secret or unauthorized; clandestine: a surreptitious glance.
2. acting in a stealthy way.
3. obtained by subreption; subreptitious.