August 2014! What you can do!
Living healthy can be hard. It’s so much easier to stop and get a meal for the kids from a fast food restaurant. It’s easier to sit on the couch than to do some push ups. It’s so much easier to snack at night before going to bed. But what does all of this do to our inner workings? Not only physically but mentally also?
I’m going to start doing Yoga every day. Why don’t you make ONE change, just ONE for a better you. I know you’re tired and stressed but this is not only for you TODAY but for a better you TOMORROW!
Start slow! You can choose one thing a day to start getting you on the right track! Here are a few things you can try to do:
- Eat FEWER carbs. You don’t have to go crazy but think of carbs like chocolate. They are there to give your body sugar but really, how much sugar do you need?
- Limit your processed food! Processed food is worse than sugar! Life is hard though, so just try to limit to one meal a day and then try to limit to once a week (fast food especially)
- Lower sugar intake. One soda a day, one cookie, or one ice cream, etc… I still use sugar in my coffee and tea. Give yourself limits but be reasonable with what you CAN and are willing to do!
- Figure out an exercise you enjoy! Tennis? Yoga? Swimming? Running (ok running is hard but some people really like it!) Dancing? Try something that you are willing to give 10 minutes to and then work those minutes up to 20 next week. 30 the week after!
- Drink more water! If you have to add something to it! Make your life easy but make sure you’re getting your water intake!
- Don’t forget to eat!!
- Make goals and challenge yourself! I find that I do much better if I have a challenge that I am trying to complete. I found this really fun challenge over at How to be Healthy!
- Prepare food ahead of time. Use crock pot meals or seal meals in freezer bags so they are easy to pull out and heat up!
- Try a new recipe! Pinterest is great for this!
- Try a new exercise! Yoga is low impact so it’s easy on the body, plus it’s slower than cardio but also strengthens you while you work out!
- Find a friend that wants to do challenge themselves as well!
August 2014!! What I’m doing!
The reason I’m being so specific about the date is because we all lose track of time. It’s normal in our every day lives. What is not normal (or shouldn’t be) is feeling like crap! And that’s about to change!
There are many, many diets out there right now. So many that who knows which is the right one for you, or for me, or for my hubby?!!! It would be a miracle to find one that fits perfectly.
Instead of “dieting” we’re going to try a few things differently this month.
August 17 – 23: No carbs after 2 PM!
Ok, this could fall under dieting but I’m going to categorize it as watching what we eat. You HAVE to have carbs to fuel your body so we’re not going to take them out completely but I really want to start watching how many carbs we are putting into our mouths.
August 17 – 31: Daily 30 mins of exercise
NO excuses! To be healthy we have to live healthy! This can be fun though. My hubby loves to play tennis and swim. I love to do yoga and walk. So we’re going to mix things up and do all of the above PLUS add in a class or two of zumba!
Do you have any cooking or fitness tips for August? Are you trying to be healthier?
See you guys in Sept!