I had a ton of fun last year with all the challenges I signed up for! Sadly I didn’t finish all of them and yes although we’re in November I’m counting the year pretty much over. I’m very much looking forward to next year however and now that I’ve been blogging about reading for nearly a year, I feel like I’ll have more of a handle on what challenges to join and which I may not actually do!
Challenges for 2013!!!
Ohhh! 2013!! I’m so excited to see you get here. Firstly my favorite number is 13 so that’s a win! Secondly I read 135 books in 2012 so my goal is to hit 150 for 2013. Totally doable!
Let’s do this thing!!!!
2013 Book Bingo!!
Of course, a challenge isn’t really a challenge unless there are some rules and guidelines:
- Be awesome. If you’re not, this isn’t going to work.
- The challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2013.
- If you want to participate, you can join in any time of the year! Feel free to write up a blog post with the rules linking back to my and Anne’s blog in your sign-up post.
- If you read one book for the “1 book” in any category, you can’t change it later on when you read another book to “2 books.” Once a square is crossed off, it’s crossed off for good! (Feel free to print off the scoreboard to keep track!)
- Books read for one square are for that square ONLY and cannot be counted towards another category. This is all about reading ALL THE BOOKS.
- The FREE SQUARE isn’t really a free square. In order to cross it off, you must read a book by either:
- Reading a book picked by another participant, or
- Reading a book in a genre picked by another participant.
- You can start your board over again, but ONLY if you receive the stamp of awesome by completing a blackout. The “winners” of the challenge will be the ones who achieve the most winning combinations by the end of 2013.
- You can feel free to post your reading list for each category, though it’s not a requirement.
- Having a blog or writing reviews for books read is not required. So long as you want to have fun, you can participate!
- This isn’t a race, but don’t be afraid to rub your reads in the other player’s face. This will be seen as encouragement. Feel free to use the hashtag #2013BookBingo on Twitter!