The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
What’s happening here:
I hope everyone’s Friday the 13th was marvelous! I absolutely love that day, and the number 13 has always been a good number for me. My daughter and I love to watch scary movies and eat a ton of popcorn. Since the hubs and I are on a diet we decided to skip it for the day and have a FAT FRIDAY! Brings another level to how great Friday can really be. Love it!
- Finished: Blog Ahead! I did not do great, however, the will is there to post more. Life gets in the way for all of us but I really enjoy my blog and getting my thoughts written down. I started at ZERO posts scheduled and now I have 19. Not too bad, although not what I was hoping for. Bout of Books may be over but I did really great finally! I have pretty much failed at every read a thon so far this year, so I’m really excited about my progress and the books that I chose to read!
- Pondering: Algebra. I am getting into the serious part of my class and it is quite interesting. I would even go so far as to say fun. Some of this is still quite above my head but that’s why I am taking the class!
- Watching: Thinking of starting Game of Thrones. I normally do not watch shows that are so heavy but my hubby loves it and I feel like I am way behind. Might be jumping onto the band wagon. Won’t be watching Castle since they cancelled it. Poor Nathan Fillion. I love that guy and will miss seeing him. I will have to just keep watching Dr. Who to make up for the loss.
- Reading: Just finished LoveGame by Tracey Wolff and Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel. I was very surprised by both. Both genres, romance and Sci Fi are out of my norm, although I have been reading a LOT of Sci Fi lately. I think when I read something out of my norm, I tend to think I am not going to like it. So, I started both of these thinking I would be happy with 3 stars but LoveGame is definitely getting better than that. Going to talk my hubby into listening to Sleeping Giants because it was weird but good. Done all in an interview type of perspective. If you like Sci Fi, I definitely recommend that one.
- Started: The Twelve by Justin Cronin! Finally! This is thicker than my normal read but I’m hoping to be able to devote some time to it.
- Looking forward to: Semi-Charmed Summer Reading Challenge. The entire reason behind this challenge is to get people to read more diverse books. It is a wonderful challenge and one that I look forward to every year!
How was your week?
- [8 May] Sunday Post! Hello Sunshine
- [10 May] Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite NON Bookish Sites
- [11 May] Moment of Zen! The Deep Feels
- [11 May] Vacation, TBR, or Bed: Non-Fiction
- [12 May] Chihuahua Chaos: A Pet Rescue Mystery Novella by Linda O. Johnston ★★★★½
- [14 May] He said / She Said: Movie Review – Mr. Right
June 1 – August 31, 2016:
June 1 – 7, 2016:
July 18-24, 2016:
July 23-24, 2016: