The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Wow… is it really August? This year has flown by.
There has been so much going on that I have not even really been able to read. My past 8 weeks have been all about Statistics class. Oh how I hate statistics! It has been tough but I pulled through the first class with a miraculous 88% and so far in this second class I have a 96%. School normally is not this tough and I am studying my behind off and still not understanding half of it! It is like it actually IS written in Greek!
In more personal news:
May 4 (quite a ways back) I became a Christian. I’ve run the gamut of questions and have believed for a long time that something else is out there. There are just too many coincidences, that science cannot explain, and I cannot overlook them.
I’m ready for this next journey in my life although I have so, so many questions. I have always looked to Jesus, Mother Theresa, and Buddha (to name a few) for how I want to treat others but I think this next step is opening my mind even more. It’s scary for someone that would prefer to stay home and be an introvert 24/7 but I even joined a fantastic and very loving church so …. for those of you that pray, please pray that I will learn and grow in my faith! I had no idea it was this difficult but I’m reading (almost) every day and praying and trying to understand.
As for reading! It has been SO hot that I’m just trying to stay inside and stay cool! The pups are more than happy with that idea. Although two of them would prefer to be on my lap instead of allowing my book to be there!
- Fav Thriller: Swerve by Vicki Petterson
- Fav Romance: The Piano Man Project by Kat French
- Fav Cookbook: Kale & Coffee by Kevin Gianni
- Took me by surprise: Bill the Vampire Series by Rick Gualtieri
As for this August my plan is to get back on track. New theme (although I loved the old one I was ready for a change), new goals for the blog, etc. I only have 7 posts scheduled! Down from my 100 posts that I reached way back in November of last year! Time to get back to rocking it! My daughter and I also started an art of the month idea that I am going to start posting. It’s been incredible and a great way to grow and I’d love to share that with you all!
What was your fav read for so far this summer? Any fun blog plans for your summer?
- [1 Jul] The Perfect Bargain by Jessica Mcadams ★★★★½
- [2 Jul] Everything You and I Could Have Been if We Weren't You and I by Albert Espinosa
- [6 Jul] The Passage by Justin Cronin ★★★★½
- [7 Jul] Swerve by Vicki Pettersson ★★★★★
- [9 Jul] The Mourning Woods by Rick Gualtieri ★★★★★
- [13 Jul] Death Row Apocalypse by Darrick Mackey ★★★★½
- [16 Jul] Damnation of the Blocked Imagination
- [17 Jul] Holier Than Thou by Rick Gualtieri ★★★★★
- [19 Jul] A More Christlike God by Bradley Jersak ★★★★
- [21 Jul] Kale and Coffee by Kevin Gianni ★★★★
- [21 Jul] The Truth by Terry Pratchett ★★★★
- [24 Jul] The Piano Man Project by Kat French ★★★★½
- [27 Jul] Goddamned Freaky Monsters by Rick Gualtieri ★★★★
- [30 Jul] A Parable of Growing Up