The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Kill, Sex, Marry: Book Edition! Starting Feb 3rd!
My Jan has had a lot of great ups and sort of low downs. It has overall been pretty good. Hard classes for school and worried about family, but overall I am pretty happy.
The hubby and I recently got onto the trend of enjoying BlueApron, and it has really gotten me out of my
cooking comfort zone. I’m going to start a weekly favorite meal to share the meals that I make on Blue Apron, or the meals that I have found in the webosphere! There are so many great cooks out there! I’m also getting a feel for how to change things to my liking! Such a nice surprise and different from the norm.
Next, I’m working on an idea that takes the game Kill, Sex, Marry, but with a twist for books! Each week, choose three books, you can choose however you want (I am choosing books that are being published that week), make it easy for your three books. Then put those three books into the categories:
- Take on vacation (marry)
- Take to bed (have sex with)
- Put onto your TBR forever (kill)
I’m going to start posting these on Wednesday with a link up if you want to join in on the fun! I’m really excited about it and think it will get us talking about why we want to (or not) read books!
That’s it for my month! Only ONE five star rating for me this month. I have to say, I’m pretty surprised but just waiting for the great reading in Feb. The fives you see below were all read in December. The ONE five star rating was also for a romance! WHAT!? Gotta get my hands on some good horror this month. Hopefully, I’ll be curled up with a book since I hate the cold.
What three books would be on your January list?
- [4 Jan] Strip You Bare by Maisey Yates ★★★★½
- [4 Jan] Suckers: A Horror Novel by Z. Rider ★★★★★
- [4 Jan] Bout of Books for My Bday!
- [5 Jan] This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp ★★★½
- [5 Jan] Top Ten Tuesday Bookish Resolutions for 2016!
- [7 Jan] The Apocalypse by Peter Meredith ★★★★★
- [8 Jan] Wayward Soul by Glenn Maynard ★★★★
- [8 Jan] Is there
- [11 Jan] Hell Comes To Hollywood II by Eric Miller, Richard Christian Matheson, Eric J. Guignard, Lisa Morton, Del Howison, Brad C. Hodson, Jeffrey Reddick, Hal Bodner, R.B. Payne, John Palisano, Daniel P. Coughlin, Anthony C. Ferrante, Carla Robinson, William Lebeda, Lin Shaye, Donny Broussard, Erin Bennett, Kelly Kurtzhals, Katarina Leigh Waters, Doug Molitor, Ron Zwang, Heather E. Ash, Tim Chizmar, Graydon Schlichter ★★★★½
- [12 Jan] Top Ten Tuesday – 2015 Releases I Didn’t Get To!
- [12 Jan] The Apocalypse Survivors by Peter Meredith ★★★★★
- [13 Jan] Please Do Not Taunt the Octopus (Newsflesh Trilogy, #3.4) by Mira Grant ★★★★
- [13 Jan] Moment of Zen! Zenning Your Home
- [14 Jan] Neanderthal Reviews Icefall (Dane Maddock #4) by David Wood ★★★½
- [15 Jan] Coldwater by Jeff Rovin ★★★★
- [16 Jan] Read, Play, Blog
- [17 Jan] Sunday Post!
- [18 Jan] Quite Contrary by Richard Roberts ★★★★
- [18 Jan] To Catch a Lady (Hunt Club, #1) by Pamela Labud ★★★
- [18 Jan] Winter’s Respite Read a thon
- [19 Jan] Top Ten Tuesday My Recent TBR!
- [19 Jan] Red Snow (Burkheart Witch Saga #1) by Christine Sutton ★★★
- [20 Jan] Sutherland's Secret (Highland Pride, #1) by Sharon Cullen ★★★★★
- [20 Jan] Moment of Zen! Peace
- [21 Jan] Wolves in the Woods by Brea Behn ★★★
- [22 Jan] To those I hate
- [24 Jan] Sunday Post!
- [25 Jan] A Plain-Dealing Villain (Daniel Faust #4) by Craig Schaefer ★★★★★
- [26 Jan] Let Me In (Burkheart Witch Saga #2) by Christine Sutton ★★★
- [26 Jan] Top Ten Tuesday David Bowie!
- [27 Jan] Moment of Zen! Turn Around
- [28 Jan] Neanderthal Reviews Buccaneer (Dane Maddock, #5) by David Wood ★★★½
- [29 Jan] Matanzas Bay (A Quint Mitchell Mystery - Book 1) by Parker Francis ★★★½
- [30 Jan] Read, Play, Blog: Insanity
- [31 Jan] Sunday Post! VTB
- January Discussion Post & Giveaway
- 2016 Discussion Challenge
- 2016 Gothic Fiction Reading Challenge!
- March! Take Control of Your TBR Challenge!