June 13: Father’s Day related Freebie: favorite dads in literature, best father/daughter or son relationships, books to buy your dad, worst dads in literature, etc. etc.
There are only a few dads that jump into my mind right off the bat but as I thought of the dads that I have watched grow, and some die, it is amazing how they change in stories but also just how much they love their children. For me, I remember my Dad being there on days when I was so depressed I didn’t want to get out of bed. He bought me my first bouquet of roses and he let me know that, although men are not perfect, they can be really great.
All the men on this list would do anything for their children, adopted or otherwise. It is amazing to watch, especially in extraordinary circumstances. These dads deserve medals, what they probably get is lots of hugs, and I think that is pretty awesome too.
- Hans Hubermann (The Book Thief)
- Arthur Weasley (Harry Potter)
- Rick Grimes (Walking Dead)
- Ned Stark (Game of Thrones
- Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)
- Sam Vimes (The Watch Series)
- Joe Aching (Wee Free Men Series)
- Gepetto (Pinnochio)
- Michael Lancaster (That Fault in Our Stars)
- Charlie Swan (Twilight)
What are your favorite literary dads?