Each week, choose three books, you can choose however you want (I am choosing books that are being published that week), make it easy for your three books. Then put those three books into the categories:
- Take on vacation
- Take to bed
- Put onto your TBR forever
I’m going to start posting these on Wednesday with a link up if you want to join in on the fun! I’m really excited about it and think it will get us talking about why we want to (or not) read books!
The Cookbooks Publishing in March:
Expected publication: March 1st 2016 by Nourish
It’s easy to follow a healthy diet when you’re in control of your shopping list, but as soon as you step outside the front door it gets complicated . . .
Walk into any coffee shop, bar or cinema, and making the right decision becomes a challenge; The Right Bite is here to help. With accessible, practical advice for all those everyday occasions, you can make the smart choice even when healthy options are limited.
Each chapter focuses on a different eating environment – from breakfast on the go to a family barbecue. For each situation The Right Bite explores the type of foods likely to be available and compares them, explaining the main health pitfalls and highlighting top picks.
• Understanding Key Nutrients introduces you to the basics of a good diet
• Nutrition Numbers let you compare and weigh up your options instantly
• The Right Bite panel allows you to immediately pick the healthiest choice
• Fact Boxes scattered throughout give you extra tips and expert advice
Written by an experienced nutritional therapist – so you know that you are getting savvy advice – and small enough to slip in your bag, this is the one-stop guide for anyone wanting to eat healthily in the real world.
Expected publication: March 22nd 2016 by Ten Speed Press
A cozy collection of heirloom-quality recipes for pies, cakes, tarts, ice cream, preserves, and other sweet treats that cherishes the fruit of every season.
Celebrate the luscious fruits of every season with this stunning collection of heirloom-quality recipes for pies, cakes, tarts, ice cream, preserves, and other sweet treats. Summer’s wild raspberries become Raspberry Pink Peppercorn Sorbet, ruby red rhubarb is roasted to adorn a pavlova, juicy apricots and berries are baked into galettes with saffron sugar, and winter’s bright citrus fruits shine in Blood Orange Donuts and Tangerine Cream Pie. Yossy Arefi’s recipes showcase what’s fresh and vibrant any time of year by enhancing the enticing sweetness of fruits with bold flavors like rose and orange flower water inspired by her Iranian heritage, bittersweet chocolate and cacao nibs, and whole-grain flours like rye and spelt. Accompanied by gorgeous, evocative photography, Sweeter off the Vine is a must-have for aspiring bakers and home cooks of all abilities.
Expected publication: March 22nd 2016 by Storey Publishing, LLC
Cooking fish and other seafood at home is much easier than you think! Fresh Fish offers simple step-by-step instructions for all of the essential cooking methods, including baking, pan-frying, braising, broiling, steaming, poaching, roasting, marinating, and grilling — along with 175 mouthwatering recipes that bring out the best in everything from fish fillets and whole fish to shrimp, mussels, lobster, clams, calamari, and more. You’ll also learn how to buy fish (even whole fish) with confidence, how to serve fish raw, how to clean freshly dug clams, and much more. Beautiful photography celebrates both the food and the lazy charm of summers at the beach; this is a delightful read as well as the cookbook you need to easily enjoy your favorite seafood at home.
The VBT Verdict:
- Fresh Fish gets to come with me on vacation. I have always been curious about cooking fish. I have recently tried and succeeded but I do not try often.
- Sweeter Off the Vine will come with me to bed! What lovely dreams you can have after reading this!
- The Right Bite gets put onto the TBR. So many books out there for eating right. The genre is saturated and it seems that there cannot be new info out there. It sounds interesting, but… yeah. I’ll put this one to the side.
What books would you put on your list?
If you play, add your link below!
- Feb 3 – Teen & Ya
- Feb 10 – Romance
- Feb 17 – Literary Fiction
- Feb 24 – Books Publishing Feb 22nd
- March 2 – Ya
- Mar 9 – Historical Fiction
- Mar 16 – Ya publishing March 15th
- Mar 23 – Cookbooks
- Mar 30 – Ya publishing March 29th
- April 6 – Historical Fiction