Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted at The Broke and the Bookish featuring her love of all things, lists!
Since I’m also a fan of lists, especially top tens I thought I’d play along!
If you like lists you should play too!
September 25: Top Ten Series I Haven’t Finished (because either you didn’t like them, you just have procrastinated, etc.
Hmm… I had to think about this one. I’m actually surprised I got to ten but the more I thought about this, the more I came up with. There are a few series that I absolutely didn’t love and probably will never pick up again but there are some that I think deserve love and I just don’t have the time at the moment. I’ll get to some of these next year.
- Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris.Ok I admit I watched True Blood before picking up the books. I will hang my head in shame. It’s not that I don’t like the series but… well, it’s just not holding onto me for some reason. I will get back to it sooner or later.
- His Dark Materials Series by Philip Pullman. This is one series that I just could not get into. I still have the first book so I may try again. Maybe it’s just not my cup of tea.
- House of Night by P.C. Cast. This has a bit to do with time and a bit to do with the characters. At first I was in love but after a while I noticed there’s just nothing that makes me want to go back to them. So, we’ll have to see if I pick these back up. I do have the fourth just sitting on my shelf waiting.
- The Inkworld Series by Cornelia Funke. Another that I just haven’t gone back to. I did love the first and I have the second but I’m not in a huge hurry to finish this series.
- The Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini. Not actually by choice, I just haven’t picked up the books after the second. I really did enjoy the first but it’s been so long I have no idea what they’re even about.
- Earth’s Children Series by Jean M. Auel. I have yet to get the last book. I was in love with this series when I was younger and the last book is calling to me but I have to reread the entire series and I’m just not ready to do that yet. I will, sooner or later.
- Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. No reason for this one other than just time. I started it when the first came out a few years ago and picked up the second but I need to reread prior to getting the third. I will do it, sooner or later.
- Dark Hunter series by Sherilyn Kenyon. And only because of lack of time. I am in LOVE with these stories!!!
- Joe Ledger Series by Jonathan Maberry. This is another that I will definitely finish but have so much other stuff to read right now that it’s on the backburner. SADLY!
- Discworld Series by Terry Pratchett. I am actually taking this year to fully read every book in that series. I have read most so some are rereads but I missed a few by jumping around. These are definitely fun reads and something I will get done no matter what my reading schedule looks like!
Wow, once I got going I didn’t think I was going to stop. It was actually hard to get started. I had a few on the top of my head just because the books are glaring at me from my bookshelf but mostly these are books that I just haven’t had the inclination to pick up yet.
I’m definitely finishing the last three! They are fabulous books and I can’t wait to get back!
What about you? How does your series reading look? Have ten that you haven’t finished?